[Nolug] mailing list status

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:40:33 +0000

Hey all,

Sorry to annoy everyone Sunday with all my test messages. I was working on
trying to get majordomo to do virtual hosts (not completed yet), and also
testing the archival functions.

Good news about the archives: I have decided to use hypermail to put the
archives on the web. This ought to be finished in a matter of days.

Now the bad news: I started sending mail to the archival account yesterday.
Getting anything prior to that into the archives can be done, but not without
an ugly hack (all the mails will seem to come from me, and not the actual
sender).

Of course, I am talking only about the traffic from the time I took over the
list. Prior to that, everything was handled on Scott's box, and getting those
archives back up depends upon him getting his dead sparc back up, or
otherwise retrieving them from his hard drive.

Someone had asked me about digest mode. I'll get it working, hoefully soon.

I want to thank everyone for being patient.

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin