archives: Where art thou: man pages in new install?

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:54:52 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Ich möchte ein Berliner.

attached mail follows:

<AOL color="green" dtd="newbie">

Greetings NOLUGers for the first time from a freedom seeking Win...s user!

I'm trying to get to know my newly installed Debian distro Linux and
everything is going o.k. so far except for one problem.: I can't seem to
find the man pages.

I enter 'man' at the prompt yet all I get is " bash: man: command not found"

What gives? Did I muff-up the install?

Where's my man?

Thanks in advance.

James
jveillo@bellsouth.net

<AOL />

attached mail follows:

attached mail follows:

Thanks guys for responding.

Yeah, the 'man' package wasn't installed. So, silly me went and did a
complete "develop" re-install; what a trip! It took no less than 4 hours.
All those prompt questions...now I'm dizzy.

James
jveillo@bellsouth.net