archives: Hardware specs?

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:45:27 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Ich möchte ein Berliner.

attached mail follows:

I installed Slackware 8.0 on the computer the school lent me for Science
Fair, but I don't know the clock speed, which would be a little useful in my
project.

For some reason, the BIOS/CMOS shows only RAM.
Anything I can do without popping it open and looking for product id or
something?

attached mail follows:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:35:50 -0600
Devin Naquin <thinkdevin@home.com> wrote:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

> I installed Slackware 8.0 on the computer the school lent me for Science
> Fair, but I don't know the clock speed, which would be a little useful in my

> project.
>
> For some reason, the BIOS/CMOS shows only RAM.
> Anything I can do without popping it open and looking for product id or
> something?

attached mail follows:

The kernel boot-up screen should tell you. not sure about slackware, but
on a redhat system, its in /var/log/dmesg , slackware should have
something similar.

[root@X /root]# dmesg |grep proc
Detected 199.434 MHz processor.

/m/

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Devin Naquin wrote:

> I installed Slackware 8.0 on the computer the school lent me for Science
> Fair, but I don't know the clock speed, which would be a little useful in my
> project.
>
> For some reason, the BIOS/CMOS shows only RAM.
> Anything I can do without popping it open and looking for product id or
> something?

"I'm too lazy to be a hippy" - Homer Simpson
Augusta Datacom: http://www.augdata.com
World Transonic Radio: http://www.augdata.com/wtradio