archives: linux logins through windows clients

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:45:58 +0000

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Ich möchte ein Berliner.

attached mail follows:

I am looking to tighten down my home lan over the
Christmas break. Here is the question... How do I make
the windows clients on my network goto my linux server
to check the usernames and password?? Thus giving
access to the logins on my linux box to all my windows
clients. All i know is that SAMBA should help in a
way...

Bryant Stewart

attached mail follows:

I have done this recently. You need samba to be a PDC. Joey has the manual
online. It and the config file have all the info necessary.

~
> I am looking to tighten down my home lan over the
> Christmas break. Here is the question... How do I make
> the windows clients on my network goto my linux server
> to check the usernames and password?? Thus giving
> access to the logins on my linux box to all my windows
> clients. All i know is that SAMBA should help in a
> way...
>

> Bryant Stewart

attached mail follows: