Re: [Nolug] Weird data in my firewall logs

From: Mikey <mraeder_at_payneservices.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:01:51 -0500

Scott Harney wrote:

> They did metairie yesterday but not mid city. You were down for 6 hours probably
> just due to dhcp issues. If you had reset your dhcp client, you'd have probably
> hopped right on. You'll probably see some changes for a while now. it'll take
> time for them to settle everything down.

One of Cox's tech's called me up a couple of days ago to see if I used
their update package yet. I told them that I don't run Windows or
Mac[0], just *nix. He said that it would be alright but static IPs are
going bye-bye, cuz it's all DHCP here on out. Okay, so how long does
your average IP address last? He told me that with Cox's new DHCP set
up, IP addressen will have a shelf life of 4 hours. So much for having
a website up through Cox[1]. I'm doing DSL when I get the chance.

Anybody wanna buy a cable modem? Cheap? :)

[0]I'm pondering the iLamp. It's too cute and I want to play with OSX
[1]Which, I'm sure, was their intention.

--
Mikey Raeder   http://dev/null/thanks/cox
mail `echo mxaedex@paynesexvices.com|sed s/x/r/g`