Re: [Nolug] AOL in Negotiations to Acquire Red Hat

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:53:54 -0600

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:52:31 -0600 Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net> wrote:
> At 10:28 AM 1/19/2002 +0000, you wrote:
> >This is bad....
> >
> >http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5064-2002Jan18.html
>
> I'm not sure if this would be a bad thing. In fact, it may very well be an
> excellent way to push Linux.

But why do they have to BUY RH to get at RH Linux? Mandrake didn't.
How long do you think it would be before those corporate dweebs
squashed the aggressive spirit, or sold out to MS, and thus effectively
shut RH down (i.e. fired ac and the OSS developers)?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! "Millions of Chinese speak Chinese, and it's not           |
!  hereditary..."                                            |
!    Dr. Dean Edell                                          !