Re: [Nolug] XTerm

From: Michael B. Roetto <mike_at_augdata.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 19:48:55 -0600 (CST)

-bg color
               This option specifies the color to use for the background
of the window. The default is ``white.''

       -bw number
               This option specifies the width in pixels of the border
surrounding the window.

       -display display
               This option specifies the X server to contact; see X(7).

       -fg color
               This option specifies the color to use for displaying text.
The default is ``black.''

       -fn font
               This option specifies the font to be used for displaying
normal text. The default is fixed.

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Andy Cristina wrote:

> Sorry to bother everyone on the list with such a simple question, but after
> reading the man page (most of it anyway), and searching linuxdoc.org for any
> HOW-TOs that might deal with this, I still have no answer. My problem is
> that the Xterm is blinding me with its white background and
> yellow/green/otherwise aggrivating colors. And the text is awful thin...
> I'd love a system style font... anyway. I've gone to using TWM for my X
> system, because KDE doesn't really run well with 64M of ram and a wimpy 233
> Pentium MMX processor. What I would like to know how to do is set the
> default options for Xterm so that it has a better background color (black
> would be nice) and defaults to a better font (anything thicker than the
> default). Again, sorry to post such a basic question.
>
> Andy Cristina
> UNO undergrad
> ACM Dictator

"I'm too lazy to be a hippy" - Homer Simpson
Augusta Datacom: http://www.augdata.com
World Transonic Radio: http://www.augdata.com/wtradio