Re: [Nolug] Cox: grrrr.... BIG GRRR...

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:27:13 -0600

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:59:21 -0600 bad-magic-number <bad-magic-number@eternity-technologies.net> wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > Hmmm. I just tried it, and they say that my raw speed is 3.3Mbps,
> > and a 1MB file was FTP'd at 406KBps.
> >
> > Seeing as how I'm 3 blocks from Pietu, that's interesting...
>
> Are those speeds you are getting fairly consistent ? If so, It might be worth
>
> looking into switching over to cable. Now, does anyone know if Cox is going to

The big thing I've noticed is that everything depends on the server
on the other end of the cloud. For example, ftp.kernel.org has
always given me ~300KBps d/l speeds, but few other sites do.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
! Great Inventors of our time:                               |
!    Al Gore -> Internet                                     |
!    Sun Microsystems -> Clusters                            |