Re: [Nolug] It ARRIVED!!!!!!!

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:19:18 -0600

At 01:49 AM 1/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>device running IOS if, and only if, they were running the http server
>(unless they were running IP6 or something along those lines, in which
>case you couldn't shut off the http server on some versions of the
>software). If I remember correctly it didn't affect PIX, because PIX
>doesn't really run IOS... or so I thought. Plus who does web based
>configs anyway? ;p I didnt think the web server was enabled by default
>except on a few routers (100x numbers perhaps?) Rambling now... must
>sleep.

Well, I couldn't remember if it was IOS or PIX. I think you are right--it
was IOS. Also, doesn't the web interface come turned on? I thought so.

Regards, Dustin

---
Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
Information Systems Contractor (http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear)
PGP Key for dpuryear@usa.net (http://www.us.pgp.net)
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams