Re: [Nolug] need to root an NT box...

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 08 Mar 2002 18:17:57 -0600

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 11:27, Joey Kelly wrote:
> Hey y'all,
>
> I have to root an NT box for a client. Someone once told me that there is a
> password file, or something similar, a "sam" file, I think it was... anyone
> know anything about this? Thanks :-)

I presume that the disks are all NTFS? One of the Windows-oriented
web sites may have a FAQ entry similar to "Help! I forgot the
Administraor password!"

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| "(Women are) like compilers.  They take simple statements  |
|  and make them into big productions."                      |
|     Pitr Dubovitch                                         |