Re: [Nolug] X desktop

From: Christopher M. Jones <cjones12_at_tulane.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:01:46 -0600

It is a problem with your startup scripts. Maybe the session kdm runs is
broken somehow. Look at startx. See what it runs, see what those scripts run,
and so forth. Look at what happens in startx, and compare it to what happens
in kdm. Clearly, your upgrade has interfered with kdm's startup scripts, so
maybe try verifying your kdm package, and even reinstalling it, if you can't
fix this by hand.

Leider, I myself don't have access to a RedHat install, so I can't walk you
through details.

Also sprach the Professor: