RE: [Nolug] Bellsouth's Pop servers...

From: Eddie Benson <ebenson_at_ebo.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:13:18 -0600 (CST)

Most ISPs restrict you to sending only if you are connected thorough their
servers. This is the norm for any ISP. Without limiting who can relay
through their servers, they would without a doubt be targets for spam.
Remember the days when "stealth spammers" using multitudes of open servers
used to be able to send mail from all over...

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Chuck wrote:

> I don't know for sure, but isn't POPing generally globally allowed.
> Relaying is the task with IP restrictions?
>

> Chuck

Eddie Benson
ebenson@ebo.net