Re: [Nolug] 802.11

From: Peter Kahle <pkahle_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:42:05 -0600

yeah, but odds are, you're friend's using 10.1.255.255, and you're
routing that to him (you're using 10.2.255.255, in this example.) you
don't try to route the public IPs to him, unless we're talking ipv6 (one
of my favorite subjects) in which case you just route the entire /48 or
/64 thru the wireless, and be done with it.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 02:25:31PM +0000, Joey Kelly wrote:
> <text mode>
>
> privateIP -------wireless link----------- privateIP
> (user1) (user2)
> realIP realIP
> | |
> | |
> ISP1 --------- (public internet) ---------- ISP2
>
> </text mode>
>

> You'd still have to route packets to your friend over the wireless link, if
> he was up and running. Else, you'd have to route to him via the public
> internet.
>
> --Joey
>

> Thou spake:
> >>
> >> Ugh. Can you say "routing issues"?
> >
> >umm. no. not if they're all on the same subnet. It's just a lan
> >after all.
>
> --
>
> Joey Kelly
> < Minister of the Gospel | Computer Networking Consultant >
> http://joeykelly.dhs.org
>

> "When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
> When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
> -- Benjamin Franklin
>
> Ich möchte ein Berliner.

Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.
					-- Ben Franklin
|| Peter M Kahle Jr              ||     PGP Public Key on Keyservers     ||
|| pkahle@pobox.com              ||   http://www.kahlilia.org/~pkahle/   ||