[Nolug] [dtype@dtype.org: [keyanalyze-announce] new list, keysignings]

From: Peter Kahle <pkahle_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:09:46 -0600

Well, I'm trying to get off my butt so maybe next month we'll do the
keysignings I talked about in Feb. In the meantime, this may be of
interest to some of you.

----- Forwarded message from "M. Drew Streib" <dtype@dtype.org> -----

To: keyanalyze-announce@lists.alt.org
From: "M. Drew Streib" <dtype@dtype.org>
Subject: [keyanalyze-announce] new list, keysignings

The keysignings list has been started to give a place where people
can announce intended and desired keysignings and key signature
exchanges. It was created for people that are interested in expanding
their personal OpenPGP (GnuPG/PGP) webs of trust.

I expect most of the list traffic to be:
  * People announcing travel to a city, and asking if anyone locally
    is interested in meeting and exchanging signatures.
  * Announcments of planned keysignings at LUGs, conventions, etc.
  * _Some_ discussion about the mechanics of keysignings.
  * Specific queries for anyone needing a particular trust path.
  * Anything else directly related to expanding one's web of trust
    through digital signature exchanges.

List information is at:

Like most lists on lists.alt.org, keysignings will be mildly monitored
to keep things vaguely on topic. List posting is restricted to list
members in order to reduce spam. If you're interested in this list,
you may also be interested in others at lists.alt.org. Feel free to
take a look.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org>, Free Standards Group (freestandards.org)
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.