RE: [Nolug] Exporting a session with IRIX

From: Jerald Sheets <questy_at_captured.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:54:21 -0500

Hows about tunneling X over SSH ??

--JMS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nolug@patientcarerx.com
[mailto:owner-nolug@patientcarerx.com] On Behalf Of Joey Kelly
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 6:09 AM
To: nolug@patientcarerx.com
Subject: Re: [Nolug] Exporting a session with IRIX

I haven't done this yet (but I want to), but AFAIK, one of the selling
points
of X is that you can transport your desktop to another machine. Now, how
do this securely?

And yes, I've played with VNC, and it has its uses. Actually, my current

(next, anyway) project is to wrap vnc inside of SSL (sslwrap, I
suppose), and
stick my desktop on the net for my use when I'm elsewhere. Obscure port,

.htaccess-protected (is that even possible???), only run it when I need
it,
etc., etc..

--Joey

Thou spake:
>At 09:30 AM 4/7/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>>everything would be cool to try :)
>
>Naturally! Well, if you want everything to be on your desktop then try
>XDM or VNC. Is VNC even available for IRIX I wonder? By the way, there
>may be another way to do this, but I don't know it.
>
>Regards, Dustin
>

>---
>Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
>UNIX and Network Consultant http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
>PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
>In the beginning the Universe was created.
>This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

http://joeykelly.dhs.org
"When Government fears the people, it's liberty.
When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Ich möchte ein Berliner.