[Nolug] C|Net says $76 list price for SO 6.0

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 15 May 2002 02:31:08 -0500

-----Forwarded Message-----

> From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
> To: Mr. Sal Lopinto <salvador.lopinto@lmco.com>, NOLUG ML <nolug@patientcarerx.com>
> Subject: Star Office 6.0 for $66.00
> Date: 14 May 2002 17:11:25 -0500
>

> http://linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?prod_code=S000-215

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-913812.html

Sal, have you tried SO or OpenOffice? I've found it to be very
good, but starts up slowly on Win & Linux.

Specifically, there was a definite lag when starting OpenOffice 1.0,
or switching to an OO window after not using it for a while, while
running Outlook, Mozilla & a bunch of VT220 sessions on a 128MB
P3 550 and Win2k.

Overall, I'm very satisfied. Hopefully they (and the Mozilla team)
are following the dictum "first make it work, then make it fast".