RE: [Nolug] Rocket scientist

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 May 2002 13:34:48 -0500

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 15:14, matthew wrote:
> Ok Mike I need to get intouch with you to ask some questions. We are
> looking into doing a demo grid computer sett up using the Globus.org tools.
> I need to find some high end open source apps to show the utility of grid
> computing and parallel computing to healthcare.
>
> Of especial interest are apps related to gas behavior in at different
> atomospheric pressures.

At the tactical level (i.e. hospitals, as opposed to strategic,
research labs/teaching hospitals), is that much horsepower really
needed?

If the application is multi-threaded, a 2x AthlonXP 2100+
would provide an awful lot of juice...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net     |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| "I have created a government of whirled peas..."        |
|   Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, 12-May-2002,                   |
!   CNN, Larry King Live                                  |