[Nolug] Installing tape backup

From: Dave Prentice <prentice_at_instruction.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 00:56:17 -0500

    Does anybody have experience installing a parallel port tape drive? I
have a Colorado (HP) 3.2gig that I want to use for backup now that my server
is running. (under RH 7.2) I don't know how to make it work. One of the
howto docs I read said it needs to be on an EPP port. I don't have that mode
in BIOS, but do have bi-directional. Is that allowable? It said not to use
ECP, which is one of the modes I do have.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com