RE: [Nolug] RE: Javascript history

From: Pietu <plaihonen_at_uno.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:10:33 -0500

Hmmm....
This is a bit trickier since I don't know what other languages are available
for you to use except javascript. However, by looking back to what you would
like to gain, it could actually be better to set it up by using cookies. In
this manner, you would record the history into the cookie value. Then at any
point read the cookie value and use that value as an address for your link.

For example, client browse to the page "blah". A cookie named "history" gets
written with the value "blah". Client browse to the other page "boink". A
cookie named "history" gets overwritten with the value "boink".

On the page where your history link is located, there is also a script to
read the cookie "history" and the value of this cookie will determine the
target of the link.

how to read, write and manipulate cookies in many programming languages can
be found from here: http://www.cookiecentral.com/

Petri