[Nolug] Fwd: [buug] Fwd: Book Mailing from Pearson Education User Group Program

From: Charles Paul <charles.paul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:19:03 -0600

Hi!

I am new to this mailing list, and to New Orleans. I moved into the
Marigny at the end of December, and am a computer programmer and a
Unix/Linux user (Debian and NetBSD are my current favorites).

I have been a Linux User Group member and organizer since 1998 (whew!
that's ten years... funny how little has changed on the command line
since then) - and am happy to see an active LUG in this city. I am
already on the IRC channel as the user "epsas" - and am at BarCamp if
you want to say hello and geek out about Unix.

The user's group I was involved with in California was the Berkeley
Unix User's Group. A great thing that this group does is provide an
venue for people to get together and talk about their projects and
ideas with other serious users. They hold their meetings at a great
coffee shop, and there always have new books to give away to members.

I don't know if nolug is hooked into the Pearson User's Group book
promotion program, but it is a good way to have books sent to bring to
LUG meetings as giveaways (free books are a great way to promote ;)
and deep discounts to members of Linux/Unix users groups.

In any case, I hope to meet you all at the next meeting.

Yours Truly,
Charles Paul

PS - (If anybody is driving to the next meeting from downtown/marigny,
it would be great if I could possibly get a ride from there)

----- Forwarded message from "Fox, Heather" <heather.fox@pearson.com> -----