[Nolug] open apps in specified desktop

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:48:04 -0500

Does anyone know how to specify to which desktop an application opens into?
I tried to do a bit of googling about this, but the keywords I came up
with result way too much non-related stuff

Currently in KDE, it seems like the applications open into the same
desktop you are in. Even in case where, let's say, you are in the
desktop1 and you launch an application. Before the app. is running, you
switch to another desktop, and the app. opens in that desktop.

While nothing wrong with that, I would still like to be able to open
some applications during the startup (after logon) and have them
automatically open in specified desktops. For example thunderbird on
dt1, design/coding programs on dt2, virtual machine for some other OS on
dt3, etc....

Petri