Re: [Nolug] Missing Novell server in closet ?

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:37:32 -0500

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 04/25/08 21:13, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
>
>> mah@everybody.org (Mark A. Hershberger) writes:
>>

>>> I know a couple of people at UNC who would probably be able to confirm
>>> or deny this… I'll ask them.
>>>
>> Paul Jones (http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/), Director of ibiblio at UNC,
>> says the story is false.
>>
>> http://twitter.com/hexmode/statuses/797156508
>> http://twitter.com/smalljones/statuses/797172206
>>
>> “there was a router walled in for a few months in the med school as i
>> recall but that story is not true”
>>
>> I've also seen it claimed that the Novell server was located at some
>> Fortune 500 company.
>>
>> In the end, I suspect this is a story that people *want* to be true more
>> than it actually is.
>>

> The thing that makes this most suspicious is "ran into a wall".
> What construction worker would do such a thing?

Pick any !!!!
> No, I take that back. Knowing human nature, especially boss-worker
> dynamics, this is totally plausible.

I actually had to tell construction guys couple of years ago to tear
down multiple sections of brand new drywall because those idiots screwed
newly laid out cat-5 cable in between the drywall and the frames. (or
whatever those vertical beams are called). This happened in more than 2
rooms. Then in few other rooms, where we did not have the cat-5 cable
yet, there was a pull-string from the outlet to the ceiling (above
wall). Same idiots screwed that line between the drywall and the beams.

To date I have not observed quality construction around here.....

Petri