Re: [Nolug] Specifying what user a linux daemon should run as?

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:20:08 -0500

Actually, this is weird. I think I figured out what is going on.

It was /dev/sg0, but after a reboot it is now /dev/sg3, with owner of
root/tape. So, I added my user into the tape group and remapped vmware to
use /dev/sg3, and now it seems to be working. I'm not sure why it switched
from sg0 to sg3, other than the system update that ran. Hopefully that's
why the ID changed. Kind of scary though, hopefully the generic scsi ID
won't be jumping around every time the server reboots.