[Nolug] Fwd: Ug Newsletter - Spring Issue

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 19:26:24 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Apress User Group Liaison <newsletters@apress.com>
Date: Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:23 PM
Subject: Ug Newsletter - Spring Issue
To: joey@joeykelly.net

Apress User Group Program Newsletter

May 2008 Issue

Hello registered Apress User Groups! We've got lots of news to share!

The new Spring/Summer 2008 Catalog is here!
Join the Apress Group on Facebook
You voted for them, and here they are! The new Apress T–shirts!
Introducing the Apress new title mini–brochure
Visit us at the next tradeshow
Recently released featured titles
Forthcoming featured titles
Have you checked out the eBook Deal of the Day yet?
User Group events recently supported by Apress
Upcoming User Group events supported by Apress
Review our books? Send me the link!

1. The new Spring/Summer 2008 Catalog is here!

The new Apress catalog features all the titles you need You can
download our new catalog here

You may also request physical copies, so please let me know how many
you need and where to send them.

2. Join the Apress Group on Facebook

Thanks to everyone for joining the Apress company page on Facebook. We
also have an Apress group page that will feature images of our new
titles and Apress news items. Please join our open group!

3. You voted for them, and here they are! The new Apress T–shirts!

"Most people would rather die than think: many do. — Russell"

"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. — Plato"

The votes are in and tallied. Here is the new batch of limited edition
Apress T–shirts that you voted for. These are available for $10 + $5
shipping and handling here.

4. Introducing the Apress new title mini–brochure

We've been putting our heads together to find more ways to make our
new title listings relevant to you and your interests. These are
full–color mini–catalogs that will feature our new titles isolated
into a related category.

The following are now available on our tradesite, and there are more to come.

Agile Blended Development
NEW APRESS BOOKS 2008
THE EXPERT'S VOICE(R) IN OPEN SOURCE
Empowering the Professional Working in Agile Blended Development with
Quality Books in Java, Spring, Ruby and Rails, Python, PHP, Flash,
Flex, Ajax and JavaScript

Download it here.

.NET 3.5 NEW APRESS BOOKS 2008
THE EXPERT'S VOICE(R) IN .NET
Develop Your .NET Career

Download it here.

5. Visit us at the next tradeshow!

Apress will be exhibiting at TechEd 2008 Developers in Orlando, FL,
June 3–6, 2008, booth #1432.

Click here for show details.

6. Recently released featured titles

Pro VB 2008 and the .NET 3.5 Platform

Andrew Troelsen
Published March 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-822-1
$59.99 USD, 1377 pages

>From Program to Product:
Turning Your Code into a Saleable Product

Rocky Smolin
Foreword by Bob Walsh, author of Micro-ISV: From Vision to Reality
Published March 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-971-6
$29.99 USD, 224 pages

Beginning XNA 2.0 Game Programming: From Novice to Professional

Alexandre Santos Lobão, Bruno Pereira Evangelista, José Antonio Leal de Farias
Published Apr 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-924-2
$39.99 USD, 456 pages

Creating Mashups with Adobe Flex and AIR

Chris Korhonen, David Hassoun, John Crosby
Published Apr 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-936-5
$42.99 USD, 368 pages

Foundation Flash CS3 Video

Tom Green, Adam Thomas
Published March 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-956-3
$44.99 USD, 450 pages

Foundation Flex for Designers

LordAlex Leon, Greg Goralski
Published Jan 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-877-1
$36.99 USD, 288 pages

Practical DWR 2 Projects

Frank Zammetti
Published Jan 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-941-9
$46.99 USD, 540 pages

Pro Netbeans IDE 6 Rich Client Platform Edition

Adam Myatt
Published Feb 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-895-5
$49.99 USD, 491 pages

Beginning Spring 2: From Novice to Professional

Dave Minter
Published Dec 2007
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-685-2
$39.99 USD, 271 pages

Beginning JSP™, JSF™ and Tomcat Web Development: From Novice to Professional

Giulio Zambon, Michael Sekler
Published Nov 2007
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-904-4
$39.99 USD, 448 pages

Pro Web 2.0 Mashups: Remixing Data and Web Services

Raymond Yee
Published Feb 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-858-0
$49.99 USD, 603 pages

Pulling Strings with Puppet: Configuration Management Made Easy

James Turnbull
Published Feb 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-978-5
$19.99 USD, 192 pages

7. Forthcoming Featured Titles

Office and SharePoint 2007 User's Guide: Integrating SharePoint with
Excel, Outlook, Access and Word

Michael Antonovich
Published May 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-984-6
$42.99 USD, 552 pages

Accelerated SQL Server 2008

Rob Walters, Michael Coles, Robin Dewson, Fabio Claudio Ferracchiati,
Jan D. Narkiewicz, Robert Rae
Published Jun 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-969-3
$52.99 USD, 700 pages

Pro Silverlight 2

Matthew MacDonald
Not Yet Published
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-949-5
$49.99 USD, 400 pages

Beginning PHP and MySQL: From Novice to Professional, Third Edition

W. Jason Gilmore
Published March 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-862-7
$46.99 USD, 1080 pages

The Essential Guide to Flex 3

Charles E Brown
Published May 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-950-1
$54.99 USD, 650 pages

The Essential Guide to Open Source Flash Development

Chris Allen, Wade Arnold, Aral Balkan, Nicolas Cannasse, John Grden,
Marc Hughes, R. Jon MacDonald, Andy Zupko
Published July 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-4302-0993-5
$46.99 USD, 350 pages

AdvancED AIR Applications

Marco Casario, Koen De Weggheleire , Peter Elst, Zach Stepek
Published July 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-4302-0985-0
$49.99 USD, 400 pages

Practical Django Projects

James Bennett
Published Jun 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-996-9
$44.99 USD, 300 pages

Practical Prototype and script.aculo.us

Andrew Dupont |
Published Jun 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-919-8
$39.99 USD, 350 pages

Beginning Ubuntu Linux: From Novice to Professional, Third Edition

Keir Thomas, Jaime Sicam
Published Jun 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-991-4
$39.99 USD, 690 pages

Beginning Groovy and Grails: From Novice to Professional

Christopher M. Judd, Joseph Faisal Nusairat, Jim Shingler
Published Jun 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-4302-1045-0
$42.99 USD, 450 pages

Spring 2.5 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach

Gary Mak
Published Jun 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-979-2
$49.99USD, 650 pages

The Definitive Guide to Terracotta: Cluster the JVM for Spring,
Hibernate and POJO Scalability

Terracotta, Inc.
Published Jun 2008
ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-986-0
$44.99 USD, 300 pages

8. Have you checked out the eBook Deal of the Day yet?

Have you ever wanted to buy an eBook to learn something fun but
couldn't justify it because of the price? We are pleased to offer you
the "eBook Deal of the Day" found on our homepage on the top right
corner. At 12:01 a.m. PST, a different Apress or friends of ED eBook
will be priced at only $10 US for a 24–hour period. Check back
everyday for a new deal.

9. User Group events recently supported by Apress

Thank you for posting Apress logos to your group and event sites! We
hope your event was a success!

Twin Cities Code Camp — April 5th
http://www.twincitiescodecamp.com

Minneapolis Flash/Flex User Group: Flex Camp — April 7
http://www.mnswf.org/camp

Python Meetup in Manhattan — April 8

San Francico Perl Mongers at LugRadio — April 12–13
http://lugradio.org/live/USA2008/

Central Maryland Association of .NET Professionals: Code Camp 2008
Spring Edition — April 12
http://www.cmap-online.org/CodeCamp

SQL Saturday — May 3
http://www.sqlsaturday.com

SOUG: Oracle Tech Day — May 3
www.oracledays.com

10. Upcoming User Group events supported by Apress

Code Analysis Meeting: NEJUG — May 8

Poland Developer Group Heroes Community Launch — May 9
http://www.isvclub.com

TechBash 2008 — May 10
http://techbash.com/

West Michigan Day of .NET — May 10
http://www.wmdotnet.org

TulsaCodeCamp — May 10
www.schoolofdev.com

Sarasota SQL User Group: Meeting — May 14
This months meeting will be on Thursday, March 13 at 6pm at the
Community Foundation of Sarasota. Rob Hatton, leader of the Tampa SQL
Business Intelligence Group, will be giving his presentation Designing
Analysis Services Cubes.

Singapore .NET Professional User Group: Heroes Community Launch — May 17
http://www.sgdotnet.org/events/heroes08

Philly .NET presents: Code Camp 2008.2 — May 17
http://www.phillydotnet.org/

Cleveland Day of .NET — May 17
http://www.clevelanddodn.org/

Hong Kong Java User Group: "Spring 2.5 Gathering" — May 20
http://hkjug.org

KUL.NET: Lublin IT Days 2008 — May 20–22
http://codeguru.pl/group-info-97.aspx

Adobe Italy: Meeting — May 22
http://events.adobe.co.uk/cgi-bin/main.cgi?country=it

The SW Computer Conference — May 30
http://www.theswcc.org/

Wroclaw .NET User Group: Heroes Community Launch Event — June 2
http://slask-msclub.isvclub.com/

Sarasota IT Pro User Group: Pre–TechEd Event — June 6
http://www.sarasotaitpro.org

NEJUG: RESTful Services with Bill Burke from JBoss — June 12
www.nejug.org

11. Review our books? Send me the link!

If you have received a book for review, have read one of our books and
wish to review it, or have already reviewed an Apress book, please
send me the URLs. We love to have your feedback!

As a publisher we rely on independent writers and reviewers to speak
forcefully and honestly about our products to the larger technology
book–buying community. In addition to reviewing this book on your own
site, please consider reposting that review on Amazon.com,
Barnesandnoble.com, Bookpool.com, or any other commercial site you
favor.

If you would like to request a book for review, please let me know.

Your Apress User Group Liaison,
Cheryl Martinez

below.

For all other requests, please do not reply to this e-mail. Instead,
e-mail info@apress.com and we'll get back to you regarding your query.

Update Profile / Unsubscribe

(sent via gmail.com, no GPG signature)