Re: [Nolug] Million dollar router

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 03:06:14 -0500

Charles Jouglard wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 22:49:27 -0500, Jeremy Sliwinski (mailing list account)
> wrote:
> For those of you who were skeptical when we were dicussing the "million
> dollar router"...
>
> http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/20706
>
> Keep in mind though, all the major companies do get discounts for volume
> purchases.

> Brian is a good friend of mine. We have worked together on several projects
> while he was with Cox. We have many of these routers in our system here in New
> Orleans.
>
> Cheers,
> Charles

It was the fact that the New Orleans system has those routers that
prompted me mentioning the UBRs. I was telling Joey and the guys
about my visits to the MTC, somehow the topic of broadband and bill by
the bit came up, so I mentioned to list cost of a UBR in an effort to
give them an idea of the costs to provide cable modem service.

Jeremy