[Nolug] drupal meetup this friday

From: Simon Dorfman <simon_at_yamlike.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:50:11 -0500

I think I'm going to make it to this first drupal meeting just
starting up on Friday. Anyone else from nolug interested?

Simon
p.s.-for those who don't know what drupal is: http://drupal.org/about
(it's a php framework/cms thingy)

http://groups.drupal.org/node/12643

Start:
Hey Folks,

Thought I would get the ball rolling on local New Orleans meetups -
So...

I figure to be @:
8210 Oak Street - Zotz Coffee Shop

From:
6pm to 8pm

I very selfishly thought I would start with this location because it
is next to my work, and the time 'cause I figured people would have
time to get there from whereever. I live in the Irish Channel
neighborhood near Magazine and would be pretty good with anything in
that area, or even the quarter... Greta, Met, etc would be hard for me
since I don't keep a car these days, but if the mighty hoards of
Drupal programmers in the swamps speak up, then so be it. (Bonus
points for spots along the street car)

If anyone wants to request an alternate location for the next one,
please comment away, or PM or ... show up Friday

I think the Ideal would be to have weekly super casual meetups (maybe
Wednesdays?), then a once a month actual Meeting. The reason for the
weekly meetings would just be to have a place to bounce problems and
solutions off other Drupal folk once a week while the problems are
still fresh. Then the monthly to have a better chance to draw people in.

Anyway, shall see what happens

Map link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&f=d&daddr=8210+Oak+St+New+Orleans,+LA+70118&fb=1&geocode=16732432545202256641,29.948180,-90.130879&cd=1&z=16

--