Re: [Nolug] passport account? wanna download something for me?

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:34:45 -0500

On 06/26/08 16:13, Chris Jones wrote:
> So basically you're saying that you're still stuck back in 1996, while
> most of us have progressed 12 years in the future to 2008. :P

I don't consider "reading top to bottom" to be Stuck In The Past,
and definitely don't consider reading "bottom to top" to be
considered Progress.

> The
> thing is, when an email thread goes on, I don't need to be reminded what
> I wrote 5 minutes ago by reading through 5 pages of nested quotes. Show
> me the meat and potatoes of the message, and I'm on my way. Most email
> clients these days put everything at the top, and if 5% of the people

95% top-post because Outlook (and now Gmail) top-posts.

> out there use something that puts it at the bottom, who are they to
> complain? Did they ever consider that the other 95% of the people in
> the world get really aggravated having to scroll down to read their
> message? :)

Putting comments near the verbiage that you want to comment on is
only rational. Otherwise, when it's all glommed at the top of the
message, it's extremely difficult to know "which part of what" you
are referring to.

It's for a very similar reason that my children's teachers want book
(and other) reports double-spaced.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA