[Nolug] Ubuntu on Macs

From: Mischa D. Krilov <rossum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:44:08 -0500

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Jeremiah T. Gray <jtgray79@gmail.com> wrote:
> G4 by chance? Did the video drivers work? Audio?

Let's see.. I know I've popped the live CDs of Ubuntu 6 into an iBook
G4 and probably an older PowerBook G4. AFAIR, I tested wired network
connectivity, basic usability stuff. I know I got GUIs, and I don't
remember testing audio. I did not test wireless.

Ubuntu 8 on a MacBook works like a charm. I believe the wireless and
video drivers are binary-only, but I really don't care. I'm also
hacking around on triple-booting a MacBook Pro and Ubuntu needs more
coaxing to get everything working properly. NB: use a utility called
rEFIt on any Intel mac for maximum ease-of-use.

Mischa

--
Read my blog: http://rossum.blogspot.com