Re: [Nolug] Gmail on your Desktop..

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:22:42 -0500

Just because the word "archive" implies that to you doesn't make it true.
Inbox is a just a label. "All Mail" is a link that shows you every single
mail whether it has a label or not. There's no special "effort" to "bring
it back".

If you auto filter or manually filter mail into various folders, it's
exactly the same behavior. The "special behavior" to get those mails back
is to go to their respective folders... er labels.... that I've marked them
with. And searching works well to, eg "label:mylabel interesting text" or
just "interesting text"