[Nolug] Fetchmail problem

From: Jeremiah T. Gray <jtgray79_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:18:27 -0700

I've got an email server running with postfix, fetchmail, procmail,
and dovecot that someone else set up. As it stands, fetchmail should
be pulling emails off a hosted account, but it is leaving some/many
behind for a handful of users (not all). A cron'ed perl script calls
fetchmail (supposedly), but when I tried running the script by hand
right after it was called by cron, I got an error. However, when
cron invokes it, I can see fetchmail pop up in top.

Obviously the problem could be the script, which I will troubleshoot
tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone on the list could recommend
alternative possible fixes. I already tried changing the timeout,
which was set for only 5 seconds, and I increased the frequency of
execution in the crontab entry, but neither seemed to improve the
situation.

Please reply if you have any insight as to how to properly setup
fetchmail to ....fetch mail.

Thanks,
Jeremiah