Re: [Nolug] Huge news for linux today

From: Petri Laihonen <pietu_at_weblizards.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:03:44 -0500
I read about this yesterday at the VMware site.....
Now I'm just trying to make my mind whether or not I'll set one up at home...... I'm currently running 3 virtual machines on my desktop.....

I played the old ESX server couple of years ago and I liked it. Unfortunately one needs a quite a bunch of memory and other resources to run multiple OS decently.....  Most of my computer scraps are few years old, which means getting more memory for them would be quite expensive. (Compared to modern memory prices) Of course getting new mobo+cpu+memory might be more affordable.....

Chris Jones wrote:
I don't know about you guys' take on this, but to me, it's huge.

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/28/1742222&from=rss