Re: [Nolug] someone's got an axe to grind...

From: Chris Jones <techmaster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:52:35 -0500

Yeah but you have to go where the money is, plus you can use
Microsoft's inadequacies to promote Linux. Microsoft is king in the
enterprise and on the desktop, but Linux really has a stronghold on
back-end mission critical stuff. For example, in our company, we use
a lot of Windows terminal servers. They're unreliable as hell, but
they're very good at what they do. So, you sell clients a server
running Linux and VMWare. The platform is rock solid and never
crashes, and in the event that Windows craps out, you simply remote
into the Linux or VMWare environment, and you can remotely do things
like reboots, that used to require a call to a data center. It's a
great way to get Linux's foot in the door for bigger and bigger gigs,
before long people will be trusting it to do much more than they
originally expected it to do.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Jeremiah T. Gray <jtgray79@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bummer it's m$ft. Alabama could benefit from more Linux.
>

> On Aug 4, 2008, at 6:54 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
>> On 08/04/08 20:24, Joey Kelly wrote:
>>>
>>> http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cpg/782559671.html
>>
>> Axe to grind, or stating the blindingly obvious?
>>
>> --
>> Ron Johnson, Jr.
>> Jefferson LA USA
>>
>> Scientists are people, too. IOW, they also "crave power, money,
>> respect, and influence, and they also fear for their jobs. Each
>> can be a healthy motivator, but each has the ability to turn a
>> good scientist into a bad one; and in some cases, they can turn
>> a good scientist into a charlatan."
>> http://thefutureofthings.com/book/3/the-bomb-that-never-was.html

Chris Jones
http://www.doomsdaytechnologies.com