Re: If they're unreliable as heck... (was Re: [Nolug] someone's gotanaxe to grind...)

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:40:51 -0500

Pine just doesn't cut it. And, honestly, it's a lot faster to teach
someone the basics of Outlook. It's really a very simple application if
you only use the basic functionality, and everyone is already familiar
with the core concepts. Ditto with Word. There's a lot to be said for
the fact that people train themselves basically on their home computers
and usually know how to get around right off the bat.

The products that always end up being difficult and expensive for
training are the heavy applications used to run companies, like the
practice management apps in healthcare, ERP systems, etc. That's where
everyone ends up sinking their training dollars.

--
Dustin Puryear
President and Sr. Consultant