Re: [Nolug] The Unix Desktop (was Re: If they're unreliable as heck... (was Re: [Nolug] someone's gotanaxe to grind...))

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 09:15:22 -0500

Not "are". This was for a job I had several years ago. We were using
Televideo thin terminals. They worked great. We had looked at WYSE and
others, but the Televideo's were a great price and worked as required.

The latest and greatest thin clients usually have RDP/ICA/VNC support
and also come with a built-in web client (usually IE under WinCE or
Firefox) so that the thin client can be used to access web-based
applications without a TS login (thus, no TS license).

Are you guys starting to deploy this type of service?

--
Dustin Puryear
President and Sr. Consultant