[Nolug] Job Ad: Programmer that knows Linux

From: Dustin Puryear <dustin_at_puryear-it.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:27:06 -0500

RESPOND TO ME OFF-LIST.

We are looking for someone new to join our team. Puryear IT, LLC
provides a great working environment: excellent people, lots of fun,
flextime, and opportunities to spend a good portion of your time working
with very cool software.

Our office is located in Baton Rouge, LA,and this position will be based
there as well.

The specific needs: We are seeking an intermediate to advanced
programmer that knows systems administration. We expect you to know
languages such as Perl and either C++ or Java, and you should know how
to bring up a fresh Linux system without missing a beat.

Responsibilities:

* Write Perl code to help glue together various processes,interact with
LDAP and databases, and perform other tasks.

* Write OOP code to interface with Identity and Access Management (IAM)
solutions such as CA eTrust Admin and Sun IM.

* Install and configure Linux, UNIX, and Windows serves as needed.

* Install and configure software in production environments.

* Install and configure network monitoring, trending and reporting.

* Work on a range of Network, Security and UNIX projects.

Requirements:

* Must be very familiar with Linux, UNIX, and Windows.

* Experience with scripting and high-level languages.

* Familiarity using LDAP for authentication/authorization.

* Understanding of security techniques.

* Experience with secure mail server design, DNS administration, apache,
etc.

* Knowledge of monitoring frameworks such as Big Brother,cacti, etc.

* Willingness to fully document all systems and code.

Bonus Knowledge Points:

* Extensive knowledge of a higher-level language, such asPerl, Python,
Java, etc.

* Practical knowledge of SQL, and an appreciation of ACID-compliant
database systems.

* In-depth understanding of x509 Infrastructure and LDAP authentication.

* Experience with Virtualization (Xen, VMware).

* Ability to work as an autonomously.

Short-listed candidates will be asked to complete a paid 'challenge'
assignment.

Typical projects handled by us include:

* Implementing software solutions to automate identity and access
management.

* Integrating Portal systems with LDAP and IAM.

* Working with clients to implement virtualization.