Re: [Nolug] Job Ad: Programmer that knows Linux

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:57:33 -0400

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> That's a really long and varied list of requirements. It's not easy
> to be strong in LDAP, SQL programming and x509.

Heh… I don't know what “strong” means, but I'm at least familiar with
each of those and written applications using them.

Plus, I know how aggravating developers who don't have any concept of
the resources they're code uses are. I've even been one a few times.

I'd say it just looks like he's looking for an experienced “Enterprise”
developer. ;)

(Which, I hasten to add, I am not. I am not overly familiar with that
synonym for Enterprise Development: Java.)

--
http://hexmode.com/
GPG Fingerprint: 7E15 362D A32C DFAB E4D2  B37A 735E F10A 2DFC BFF5