[Nolug] Localhost name problem

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:15:16 -0400

In getting a friend's computer to connect with his ISP, I inadvertently caused "netmail@att.net" to be inserted as localhost. I found it in sendmail.conf (which I don't even think I'm using since the machine is not networked other than using att.net) and changed it to "localhost." Now I can't get it to boot (always stops and sendmail). I have tried running a repair installation from the CD. I can't get it to boot from a floppy except for installtion purposes. I don't want to damage his data files. What can I do?