Re: [Nolug] Cox slow?

From: Shannon Roddy <sroddy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:08:44 -0500

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Scott Amerland <n5zow@amerland.net> wrote:

> The tech I called last night tried to lead me
> through his manual. I know it is his job, but I refused.... I have heard
> enough of the
> unplug your router crap..... I have done all of that LONG before I call tech
> support......

That is the most painful thing to me about dealing with any ISP. They
should be required to ask if you are in any way employed in the IT
industry. If the answer is yes, immediately send you up at least one
tier instead of reading from a list.

At least when I call Charter business services I actually get someone
on the phone that understands what BGP peering is, understands AS
numbers, route prepending, etc. and can troubleshoot our peer... I
never got that level of tech at Cox, not even at the next layer tiers
of support.