Re: [Nolug] Introducing myself

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 16:51:55 -0600

On 12/06/08 16:26, Dennis J Harrison Jr wrote:
> I think that standing on the shoulders of giants is a much better way
> to learn. Why go through ALL the same inroads as people who have
> solved similar problems plenty of times before already?

So you're saying that children should jump straight into post-
doctoral mathematics because all the simpler stuff has already been
proven?

Of course not.

And for the same reason, young programmers need to learn the
underpinnings of their craft so as, later in their careers, to be
able to judge the applicability of their high-level tools.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA