Re: [Nolug] RMS vs Cisco (Round 1 *ding*ding*)

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:13:09 -0600

Just chiming in here ... I personally try to put as much into AGPL as possible:
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/agpl.html

It puts additional weight on shoulders... however I think it is the
most responsible license available.

In reference to the fsf v. cisco, I think that the reparations the fsf
has proposed to cisco are a bit hard to cope with. This hopefully is
a wake up call to some other companies out there.

RMS has always been way out in left field... But man is he cool :)

Like most extremists it is very hard to align yourself on his side of
the fence. Unlike most extremists (I have known) he is a very logical
fellow, when all is said and done.

As a side note:

Anyone here dislike the majority of the changes from v2 to v3 of the GPL?