Re: [Nolug] E-commerce security nightmare

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:51:06 -0600

On 12/18/08 16:43, Joey Kelly wrote:
[snip]

> In my email, I asked that my account and all my info and credit card data be
> deleted and scrubbed from their database,

Well that's just not going to happen. If they're that lax about
Intarweb security, they're lax about lot's of other stuff, too.

Besides, companies don't *delete* closed accounts, they flag them as
CLOSED.

> and told them that I was considering
> contacting the feds to inform them about this company's complete lack of
> security on their website,

They won't care unless you've lost a large amount of money. $10K or
even more.

> and also that I might consider suing them.

What for? You haven't been harmed yet.

> Lastly,
> I demanded a written apology from an officer of the company. I am awaiting
> their terrified response.

If I were a CSR manager who received such a hostile email, Trash is
where it would instantly go.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA