Re: [Nolug] Sharing File Systems

From: Mischa D. Krilov <rossum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:24:28 -0600

Here's a random thought:

If you're just pushing a few files around between Linux boxen, maybe
scripting scp with the correct keys in .ssh/known_hosts (or whatever
it's called) for seamlessness. How hands-on do you want?

On the Windows-to-Linux side, I've been pretty happy with
WinSCP/Textpad or just Putty and *YourTextEditorOfChoice*.

I haven't had to set up NFS in several years. When it worked, it
worked great for Linux-to-Linux. I don't know if I would put it on a
public-facing machine unless I knew what I was doing. Samba will let
Windows and Linux play tolerably, but I hate to configure it.

Definitely leaning towards a solution using scp.

Mischa

--
Read my blog: http://rossum.blogspot.com