Re: [Nolug] Radius & Tacacs+

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:01:34 -0600

> Actually, if you lock down the desktops with Group Policy properly, you
> don't have to run Unix to stay adware free. Problem is that locking down
> systems with GPOs to prevent infections is rarely done or done properly.

And it is a time consuming affair when you run into all those specific
point apps people 'need' to run their back end / pos.
(Although I am sure after doing it enough times you would have some
pretty generic templates built that can be mangled together to
accomplish your needs)

If you use folder redirection then most directories are going to be 'ok'.

As far as security, I prefer to use krb... which has it's own set of caveats.

John, I have only ever used radius as auth for dialup (back in the
day) and wireless. tacas is fine, but I am wondering what end result
you are going for?

You have a user base already and want to give those users access to
client side windows services or... ?