Re: [Nolug] Hacker Space HOWTO

From: Charles Paul <charles.paul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:41:21 -0800

Here is the talk from Last Hope:

http://www.thelasthope.org/media/audio/16kbps/Hacker_Space_Design_Patterns.mp3

And another one on creating Hack Spaces:
http://www.thelasthope.org/media/audio/16kbps/Building_Hacker_Spaces_Everywhere_Your_Excuses_are_Invalid.mp3

And from the latest Chaos Communication Congress:
http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/congress/25C3/audio_only/25c3-2806-en-building_an_international_movement:_hackerspaces.org.mp3

24/7 Hackerspaces like C-Base in Berlin are the extreme; a good
extreme, yet extreme.

Just moved to Seattle and got involved with HackerBot Labs - lots of
cool projects including a high-altitude sounding balloons.
http://www.hackerbotlabs.com/

Another new Hack Space is Noise Bridge in San Francisco, started by
one of my old friends.
http://noisebridge.net

Currently collaborating with the Noise Bridge people on breaking
hardware-based full-disk-encryption systems (ala the Trusted Computing
Group specification).

Could a hackspace succeed in New Orleans? That is a good question -
and I would throw the full of my moral support behind such an
endeavour!

Take Care,
Charles Paul