[Nolug] Fwd: bounced from Dave

From: Joey Kelly <looseduk_at_ductape.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:38:53 +0000

From: "Dave Prentice" <prentice@instruction.com>
To: <nolug@joeykelly.net>
Subject: Help with K12LTSP
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:22:21 -0500

Hi guys,
    A while back, wasn't somebody talking about wanting to set up a
K12LTSP demo somewhere? I'm so frustrated with trying to set this up
that I'd love to have somebody come do it for me and show me what I'm
doing wrong. I've tried variations on the install (based on RH7.3) at
least 8 times, but each time I try to start X it comes back with a
message "No screens found." I installed every video driver, but
running Xconfigurator gives a "Segmentation fault" error so it goes no
farther.
    The server is a dual PII 350 mhz with about 400meg RAM and 14 gig
hard drive space. Until it's running, I can't even begin to set up
clients. Any ideas welcome.
Thanks,
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com