[Nolug] OpenStreetMap.org Mapping Party March 7th

From: mtoups_at_cs.uno.edu
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 06:06:09 -0600 (CST)

Hi NOLUG folks,

Are yall familiar with OpenStreetMap.org? I've been working on the open
source map of the city for several months now and I'm we're trying to
build up a community of open source mappers here in New Orleans. It
would be great if folks from NOLUG and generally folks interested in
open source stuff could get involved.

We're having a Mapping Party on Saturday March 7th, it is an informal and
fun gathering of folks to learn more about the project, and to go out and
do some mapping with support from experienced folks. It is gonna be at
the new Mid-City Public Library branch, event details are here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/New_Orleans_Mapping_Party_-_March_2009

I'll be giving an intro to the project, and there will also be GPS
receivers to borrow and space to get started and do some mapping. Please
let me know if you are interested and please tell people you know -- this
is a great thing that tech folks and non-tech folks can all get into!

thanks,
Matt Toups