Re: [Nolug] Media box

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 18:03:29 -0500

My current setups for doing this on the cheap usually have a media
server running fuppes (grab latest from svn, has my changes to
properly display to xbox360 and ps3) Fuppes does transcoding with
ffmepg or mencoder (some people have it working with handbrake on
their mac)

And each station to have an xbox360 (so it can handle hd). This also
gives you the option of using netflix at whim.

I use some pluto code gpl'ed from the linux mce project to send live
tv from the tuners and control time shifting / playback.
Setup requires some know-how, so ymmv.

If you are interested in more specifics, let me know.