Re: [Nolug] Errors fetching mail from cox.net

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:27:02 -0500

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On 2009-04-15 18:51, Dennis J Harrison Jr wrote:
>>
>> This is usually routing issue.  Check the usual suspects with your fav
>> route tracing tool.
>
> Like mtr or traceroute?

Absolutely fine. I use wireshark for most network forensics these
days. If you have a wintendo box then VisualRoute is pretty neat
(last time I tried it in wine was a bust, but that was a while ago).

>>                    If nothing stands out try giving fetchmail the a
>> record.
>
> How do I do that?

nslookup pop.east.cox.net =

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: pop.east.cox.net
Address: 68.1.17.2

>>        I doubt it has anything to do with that though.  Probably
>> just an overloaded server/connection/device on there end if the trace
>> is ok.  Which is what you mentioned.  But here is some vindication.
>> Have a good one, sourpuss :)
>
> Sourpuss?????

Must be the wrong Ron Johnson :) My apologies!