Re: [Nolug] Why I don't reply on...

From: Dennis J Harrison Jr <dennisharrison_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 21:42:53 -0500

Google knows their poop. I do agree that you should have a backup.
But you unless you're running your own email server as a full time
job, you're not going to do as well as the gmail team (and even then
it's highly debatable). Now, the scary thing is if/when they change
their usage model to something more inconvenient... Such as charging
for GAFYD, or shoving more ads in your face, or not supporting 'the
next big thing', or getting more proprietary. While speaking of
gmail... a friend of mine who worked on the google docs team until
recently told me they have exchange in use for part of the iphone (
may be all mobile, but I was specifically told iphone ) interface.