Re: [Nolug] Bell South dsl connection

From: Peter Kahle <pkahle_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 12:06:27 -0500

I've got an alcatel 1000 external ADSL box, don't know if it'll still
work with Bellsouth, but you're welcome to have it. problem is, I'm
leaving town today, so you'd have to get in touch with me quick. try my
cell, 430-0522. I'm making my way out to Metairie right now, so if
you're out there, I can drop it by, if not, we'll set something up. I'm
short a power supply for it, but I'm sure you can find a cable that'll
work.

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:27:32AM -0700, Carlos wrote:
> Boy, am I glad to be back in the Big Easy". My first task is to connect
> a SuSE computer to the internet. The boss has already ordered Bell
> South (I would have preferred Direct TV), and we have the Bell South USB
> modem, which incidentally is not supported under Linux. I wonder if any
> of the nolug Gurus can help me with a suggestion of a decent dsl modem
> that works with Bell South DSL and Linux, as well as any other "caveats"
> using Bell South.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carlos

Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.
					-- Ben Franklin
|| Peter M Kahle Jr              ||     PGP Public Key on Keyservers     ||
|| pkahle@pobox.com              ||   http://www.kahlilia.org/~pkahle/   ||